10 free games that can be copied to a USB stick to play on any Windows computer without installation
It is also possible if desired to fill the USB key of games, so you can play even on computers that don’t allow you to install programs and for taking your favorite games with you so you can play from any computer you want to use (Windows).
In this article, we see the 10 best portable games that can be played from a USB stick, without installing them, but starting them directly.
In practice, it is about to open source games, so completely free, which you just need to download and then start to play with.
If you copy the file to the USB stick, the game can be started from any computer that is connected to that key.
Most of them only require to put in the USB stick the Portable Apps program that has a section of ready-made portable games.
1) AssaultCube is one of the best free shooter games for PC that is also available in a portable version.
Already mentioned in an article on the best 3D games in the first person open-source, it can be downloaded in a portable version from the Portable Apps site.
2) Sauerbraten (Cube 2) is another open-source game of the shooter genre, with all-in-one challenges in the arena, similar to Unreal.
3) Armagetron Portable is the portable version of the best game inspired by Tron’s racing clash of bikes.
The futuristic motorcycles run straight and draw walls in their trajectories trying to make us go and slam the opponent.
4) Hedge Wars is one of the best turn-based games similar to Worms where you shoot once for one.
It is a real open-source clone, almost identical to the original game.
5) FreeCiv portable is the free clone of one of the most famous video games of all time, Civilization by Syd Meyer.
You can then play FreeCiv even from a USB stick on any computer without doing any installation.
6) Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game among the best that can be downloaded and played on PC, with an engaging storyline and fantastic music.
An entire article is dedicated to this game on How2do: Battles and strategy in a turn-based game, Battle Of Wesnoth, free for Windows Linux and Mac PCs
7) OpenTTD is another historical management game that is the Transit Tycoon Deluxe clone. In OpenTTD it is necessary to manage transport in the city and therefore to build routes for trains, roads for cars, naval roads and all public transport.
OpenTTD is one of the best simulation and transport management games in the city.
8) SuperTuxKart is a game similar to Mario Kart where you drive a machine and challenge your opponents even by going at him and throwing them out.
You can also play in 4 on the same computer.
SuperTuxKart is one of the best games with Mario Kart-type machine shreds
9) Card solitaires is a collection of over 40 card games to play on the PC.
10) To finish the list, on all USB sticks there must be theMAME emulator to play old arcade games.
You download the main program and then the ROMs and, without needing to install anything, you can really play so many games from this inimitable platform.
In addition, it can also be used DoxBox to play old DOS games for PC
If you know other games to put on this list, let us know in the comments!