The space available on our desk does not always allow us to have a powerful PC and a neat monitor, forcing us to choose desktops much smaller than those we wanted to place on it. If we care a lot about aesthetics and want a very tidy desk (especially in the workplace), we advise you to focus with your eyes closed on All-in-One PCs, i.e. computers that integrate all the most important components within the monitor itself , so you can have a complete computer taking up very little space on your desk.
In this guide we will show you the best All-In-One PCs to choose from, not without first taking a look at the technical features that these special computers they must have in order to keep up with the times and be effective for at least 3-4 years, without having to think about how to update them and how to increase memory and RAM (which is considerably more difficult than a traditional PC).
READ ALSO: Best desktop PCs to buy ready to use
Best All-In-One PCs
All-In-One computers are really beautiful to look at and comfortable to use on an office desk, but not all models are capable of effectively replace a traditional desktop PC. To avoid rip-offs or too many old models we recommend first reading the technical characteristics that these computers must have and, only then, dive into the buying guide, so as to have a good reference even in case we decide to buy a computer in a shopping center or in an electronics store.
A good All-in-One PC (also called AIO) must have the following technical characteristics to be at the forefront and not immediately feel the weight of the years:
- Monitor: in the end we are still talking about a PC embedded inside a monitor, so we must first of all make sure that the screen is good before seeing everything else. The cheaper AIOs have a diameter of 22 or 24 inches, while the top models go for 27 inches, which are accompanied by a FullHD or 5K resolution (Apple's special resolution), anti-glare screen, IPS type panel and high dynamic contrast. so as to be able to faithfully reproduce shadows, lights and colors.
- Main components: inside the AIO we find a small motherboard in which there are CPU, RAM and internal memory (storage disk). To be able to keep up with the times, let's make sure that there is a latest generation AMD or Intel processor, at least 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and a fast SSD or M.2 with at least 256 GB of internal memory. We avoid models with mechanical disks: they have now gone out of order and are too slow for this type of computer.
- Sockets and connections: in order not to miss anything, make sure that on the chosen AIO PC there is a dual band Wi-Fi module and a connection module for Bluetooth, so that we can connect wireless devices and connect to any wireless network. On the back we will also find at least 3 fast USB ports (3.0 or later), an Ethernet port for wired Internet connection and various audio / video outputs (for headphones, speakers or to connect other monitors).
- Audio and video components: if we really want to minimize the size of the AIOs, we only choose models that integrate the webcam in the upper part of the monitor (as on laptops) and that have audio speakers on the lower edge, sufficient to reproduce the sounds and audio of the video calls or videoconferencing.
- Input devices: to control the AIOs we advise you to focus on the wireless mouse and keyboard, so as to minimize the clutter of wires (in fact we will only have the power supply wire!).
Speaking of wireless mouse and keyboard: if they are not included in the AIO PC box, we can get a complete kit by reading our tips in the guides Wired or wireless mouse: which is best? is Types of PC keyboard: wifi, ergonomic and backlit.
After having seen together the features to check before buying an All-In-One PC, in this chapter we will show you the best models available on Amazon, so you can save something and benefit from a product guarantee that is difficult to obtain on other sites. or in a physical store.
The first AIO computer we recommend you see is theHP 22-df0045nl, available on Amazon for less than 500 €.
On this computer we find a 22-inch FullHD IPS anti-glare screen, AMD Athlon 3050U processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of internal memory SSD, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HP HD webcam, integrated speakers and Windows 10 Home operating system .
As an alternative to HP, in the mid-range of the market, we can also find the Lenovo AIO 3 IdeaCentre, available on Amazon for less than 500 €.
On this elegant All-In-One we find a 21.5-inch FullHD display, AMD Athlon Silver 3050U processor, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of SSD internal memory, DVD burner, keyboard and mouse kit, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HD webcam and Windows 10 Home operating system.
If we are looking for an AIO computer with a slightly larger screen we can take a look at theAcer Aspire C24-320, available on Amazon for less than 600 €.
This interesting computer has a 23.8-inch FHD IPS LED display, AMD A9-9425 processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, 256GB of SSD internal memory, AMD Radeon R5 graphics card, keyboard and mouse kit, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Webcam ad high definition and Windows 10 Home operating system.
If we want to throw ourselves headlong into the high end of the market, we must consider buying theASUS Vivo AiO V272, available on Amazon for less than 1000 €.
This powerful computer boasts a 27 "IPS anti-glare FHD display, an Intel Core i5 8250U processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD internal memory, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card, ASUS SonicMaster audio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Webcam, keyboard kit and wireless mouse and Windows 10 operating system.
But the undisputed king of All-In-One PCs is without a doubt theApple iMac 5K, available on Amazon for less than € 2600.
The sleek and modern computer par excellence boasts a 27-inch display with Retina 5K technology and 5120 × 2880 pixel resolution, octa-core Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, 512GB of SSD internal memory, graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT graphics , Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) ports, four standard USB ports, FullHD webcam and macOS X operating system.
All-In-One computers are the ideal choice for a doctor's or architect's elegant office, but they are also well suited for home use when we have very little desk space, as everything is integrated within the monitor. Obviously we must always take into consideration the shortcomings of this type of solution: low future expansion capacity (often only RAM and SSD are interchangeable) and a power often not up to par with traditional desktop PCs, even when compared with computers of the same price.
If we want to create our desktop PC by choosing the components and spending the same figures seen above, we suggest you read our guides How to choose the parts of the new computer to assemble is High-performance 600 Euro assembled PC with high performance. At the price of the iMac we can instead assemble the most powerful desktop computer, as seen in our article Most Powerful PC Ever – Better Hardware Parts Today.
READ ALSO: Mini desktop PC, small and comfortable, portable or TV