Best apps to convert audio and video files directly using an Android smartphone
In this guide we will show you the best apps to convert audio and video on Android (therefore on Samsung, Xiaomi and others) in a simple and immediate way, so as not to have to switch from the PC and fully exploit the power of modern mobile processors, which have nothing to envy of PC CPUs when it comes to converting between audio files or videos.
All the recommended apps are free, so we won’t even have to shell out a euro to carry out this type of operation; between one app and another the interfaces, the options available during the conversion phase and the speed of the conversion engine change, also proportionate to the type of CPU our smartphone has (an octa-core mobile CPU is generally more faster than a quad-core mobile CPU).
READ ALSO -> Cut and split videos and edit audio on Android
App to convert audio and video on Android
1) The first app that we can use to convert audio and video on Android is Video Format Factory. This app allows you to Convert both audio and video files directly from your smartphone of type MP4, AVI, FLV, AKV, MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, WAV, OGG, AC3, APE and WMA, both in input and output. Just a few taps on the screen are enough to set the output format, load the files to be converted and carry out the process, with the possibility of customizing the various profiles available.
2) Alternatively we can use the app Media Converter. Also with this app we will be able to convert any audio and video format such as MP4, 3GP, AVI, MPEG and FLV very quickly. You can also set the video/audio bitrate, resolution and audio sample rate. The layout of the app is pretty simple, so using it shouldn’t be much of a problem.
3) If we need a good app to convert videos downloaded on Android device to MP3, we recommend using MP3 Video Converter. Quest’app converte i file video in MP3 or the 3GP and FLV formats in AAC, quickly and easily so that you can immediately obtain the audio tracks of the music videos previously downloaded onto the device.
4) Another app that we can use for all types of conversions is VidCompact: Convertitore video. With this app installed on your Android device you can convert video files to audio files, convert files between various video and audio formats, cut audio tracks and access all multimedia files via the convenient integrated file manager.
5) If we are looking for a good app for converting on Android we can focus on Video Converter. Graphically it is one of the best available, and allows you to easily choose the type of conversion or operation to carry out on the files right from the initial screen. Before the conversion it also offers a whole series of parameters to use for the conversion.
6) Another app to convert videos to MP3 that we can try on our Android devices is MP3 Video Converter. The app specializes in converting music files obtained starting from music video files, with a really simple interface to use and all the main items in the foreground.
7) Still on the subject of video-MP3 converters, we recommend trying the app Video converter mp3. The interface has four simple buttons that contain all the features of the app: we can convert videos and audio in a few simple clicks, cut music tracks already created and customize the conversion options for every type of need.
8) Among the many apps available for converting video to MP3, we can also try Video MP3 Converter, available for free. The app allows you to immediately choose the video files to convert with various options easily accessible in the final conversion phase, where we can customize a series of conversion parameters to obtain a good final result (i.e. MP3 songs starting from the original videos).
9) If we need an app to convert only audio files we can use it Audio Converter. With this app it will be possible to convert between different audio file formats, including WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, AAC, AU, FLAC, M4A, MKA and AIFF. In addition to the converter it also offers a tool to join multiple audio files together (Merge) and a trim tool to cut out just a piece of the audio (Cut).
10) Do we need a converter for video files only? In this case we can download to the Android smartphone or tablet Video Converter & Compressor. The app will allow you to convert videos saved in the device’s internal memory or microSD without any problem, and in just a few clicks choose the destination video format from among the compatible ones: MP4, MKV, MOV, MPEG, AVI, FLV and WMV.
11) Another very effective app for converting audio to video on Android is video to MP3 converterequipped with support for videos of any format, a convenient system for cutting only a part of the video or music piece obtained and automatically setting the song as a phone or notification ringtone.
12) The last app to report is Video Crop Audiowhich brings together a video cutting system, a system for changing the aspect ratio of a video, a video to MP3 converter and a system for directly cutting MP3s.
Using one of the apps seen above we can convertire i file audio e i file video effectively on Android without ever having to use your PC for the purpose. The apps also work well on tablets, making it possible to transform a simple tablet into a real office PC as seen in the guide above how to transform and use your tablet as a laptop.
For further information we can also read our guide to audio and video editing app on Android with apps to create movies.