Best 20 free games of the year to play on PC in multiplayer from the MMORPG, MOBA, strategy and action genres
In this list we therefore see all the new MMOs that deserve time, which are constantly evolving and frequently updated, multiplayer with RPG elements.
In the following guide we will show you the best MMORPG games for PCrecommended because they are more beautiful than the others and because they are more competitive, often with millions of players from all over the world competing online.
READ ALSO -> 20 online PvP games, free and multiplayer, for all phones
Best Free MMORPGs
1) Blade & Soul is a new MMORPG for martial arts enthusiasts, with visually animated battle scenes and devastating combo attacks. This MMO proved so popular in Asia that a 10,000 signature petition was signed to convince its publisher to release it in North America and Europe as they did. The world of this game is inspired by Chinese mythology, with 11 distinct classes and a story of diabolical and poignant revenge. Blade & Soul 2 was also recently presented.
2) MapleStory 2 is a new MMO sequel to the successful and historic MapleStory already reported several times in the past. Set in the captivating Maple World, you must rid the world of evil with powerful weapons and fantastic armor sets at your disposal. In addition to deep dungeon crawls, diabolical bosses and public events to face with companions and with anime-style graphics, you can have fun both continuing missions and relaxing with mini games and decorating your home. In this very complete world there are activities for all tastes, almost in a real virtual life.
3) Tera is consistently one of the best MMORPGs for several years, with traditional action-based MMO combat, a far cry from the click-and-wait systems seen in almost every other MMO. Combining combat with flashy visuals, TERA is truly beautiful to look at and play. The action and combat of the game is really the main point, making for a much faster-paced MMO game than normal.
4) Guild Wars 2 was launched in 2012 and is still one of the best ever, thanks to continuous expansions and updates. The vast world of Guild Wars 2 is its main attraction, with dynamic events that draw players, friends and strangers together. The game is buy-to-play, but only for expansion packs. The main game is free and, above all, there are no microtransactions to be stronger and have the best equipment.
5) Crossout is set in a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of the Mad Max films, based on construction and customization. You can change body parts, weapons, electrical gadgets and create the most powerful and strongest killing machine. You can then join one of the factions and then push the car into the running battle.
6) Revelation Online is one of the new MMORPGs that stands out among others for its elegant style, free combat, incredibly deep character creation and progression systems and an entirely open world. It also has a lot of content for every type of player, both those looking for a game with PvE challenges and those who want to play in PvP battles against other players. This game also has a particularly interesting trick, being able to reset the character at any time.
7) Riders of Icarus is a very addictive free-to-play, traditional MMO, with hundreds of potential animals to ride and fight. Everywhere you go in Riders of Icarus, you’ll find many new and powerful creatures to capture and use, from adorable woodland animals like kangaroos to ancient fire-breathing dragons. Obviously you will have to tame them before you can exploit their strengths and Riders of Icarus makes this game mechanic as important as dialogue or combat.
8) Mu Legend is an action RPG where you have to mow down a horde of demons with a huge mega greatsword. This new MMORPG boasts a diverse character creator, a series of endless leveled dungeons, and PvP battles to keep you going. The main focus is fast and brutal, addictive and high-level combat.
9) Eve online is a space-based sci-fi MMO, with no paywalls and a free short-range gaming experience. The update lets you live out your space truck driver fantasies without having to pay an entry fee, so you can wage a massive galactic war against your enemies or take advantage of all the bloodshed to raid. The galaxy is also constantly updated with new regions to explore. You can choose from four different races and change their bloodlines to create a unique character. EVE Online, unlike other MMOs, does not take place within multiple servers but has a single large server where everyone plays together.
10) ArcheAge is an ambitious MMO, a gigantic sandbox where you can live like a fantasy pirate. Like many MMOs, its world is constantly evolving thanks to frequent updates, the latest of which is ArcheAge Legends Return which adds dragons to the exceptional series of vehicles and means of flight. Additionally, thanks to the progression servers, you can experience the game as it was at launch and see new features added piece by piece, ideal for new players.
11) Rift is a fantastic _MMO online since 2011, free to play, improved over time. The game is clearly inspired by World of Warcraft, it is engaging and eventful. The fantastic world of Rift is full of monsters to slay and destroy, earning rewards and liberating the area. This is a game that excels at bringing together large groups of players and having them fight in missions and raids.
12) The Lord of rings online is for fans of JRR Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings books, based on the same universe. The game allows players to embark on an epic adventure across Middle-earth, fight alongside characters from books and films, and explore familiar locations. LOTR Online is much like any other MMORPG, with all the characters in the game on the same side, without any PvP action.
13) Runescape is the oldest game on this list, an evergreen MMORPG that is still updated and popular today. The game has over 250 million accounts and recently received a downloadable version which gave new life to the title. Runescape has a very open approach without a linear plot, with the freedom to choose your own path to progress. The game also allows players to specialize in skills and play according to their particular skill progression. In RuneScape, you create your character with different skills which then need to be improved to level up.
14) Star Wars: The Old Republic is based on the expansive Star Wars universe, a great MMO that will surely please all fans of the series. The game has strong progression driven by player choice and a social gameplay factor that brings together players from all over the world. The puzzle-like combat mechanism is very different from other MMOs and the constant addition of content always keeps the interest alive. Star Wars is still one of the best MMORPGs today, especially for its plot and gameplay where you can choose to play as one of two factions: the Galactic Republic or the Sith Empire.
15) Dungeons and Dragons Online the game that is often cited as the first RPG in history, where you create characters from scratch. Unlike the tabletop version of the game, which has a turn-based combat system, Dungeons and Dragons Online has a real-time combat engine. The game follows a similar progression system to the other MMORPGs on this list, allowing players to undertake quests to level up and improve their characters.
16) Neverwinter is another game that takes inspiration from Dungeons and Dragon, set in the fictional city of Neverwinter, with story-driven progression. The special thing about the game is its feature that allows players to create their own stories and missions in the game.
17) Star Trek Online is another MMO with elements from third-person shooters to space exploration simulators to the MMO experience, adding a fun gameplay. Fans of the TV series and movies will find a lot of enjoyment in finding familiar elements. The developers keep adding new content regularly to keep players hooked to the game.
18) Aion Online is another popular game among the most played in the world, with a fantasy setting in which two factions of winged characters face each other. Aion leaves ample space for both solo missions and combat against other players in a combat system that allows continuous attacks and aerial combat
19) EverQuest II is a famous MMO game with a fantasy setting, where players must develop the character through missions and adventures. The player can choose from one of the 18 classes, carry out the many missions to complete and also collect and craft items and fight.
20) DC Universe Online it’s a great game, perhaps one of the best new releases of this year, dedicated to all comic book nerds. DC Universe I had already mentioned it in the article on Top 10 Action-Fighting MMO-RPG Games for PC, where you can play as a good guy or a super bad guy. Most of the game consists of solo or team combat, as well as battles between players. Players can also use their characters in Arena and during large-scale raids.
In addition to these, not to forget there are also paid games such as The Elder Scrolls Online, World of Warcraft e Final Fantasy XIV very popular and appreciated by lovers of the genre.
21) League of Legends, the most played game in the world, with millions of players actively involved. This is a very competitive game, not very friendly for newcomers, for strong players who want to commit without getting discouraged.
22) Similar to League Of Legends, you can try it Dota 2a very balanced arena fighting game that requires a lot of time to spend.
23) Smitethe MOBa genre of League of Legends is renewed by bringing a third-person view, powerful characters, easier to learn and a lot of fun.
24) Among the new features, we also mention Heroes Of The Storm with very dynamic top-down battles.
25) Lost Ark it is a game similar to Diablo, of which it takes many features. In the game we can choose six basic character classes, each of which has its own enhanced or advanced versions (along with many new ones), adaptable to any gaming style. Lost ark can be played for free forever, and, with a little patience, also remain competitive with the best.
26) Black Desert is an open world MMO game available as a free trial for 30 days. With this game you have complete freedom to do whatever you want, as well as having to fight enemies and progress through the game’s story (which is optional). The game has tons of life skills to learn outside of typical combat, making it very difficult to play if you’re not familiar with RPG mechanics.
There is no shortage of MMO games with RPG features that can be played completely for free and, since we pay nothing to play, they can guarantee us many hours of fun with friends or against opponents online from all over the world.
In another article we saw the 25 free and multiplayer free shooter (FPS) games.
If we notice problems with the Internet connection we can read our guide on how to reduce lag in multiplayer online games.