Intel processors are arguably the most powerful and most demanded on home PC setups and for use on office computers, but very few users understand whether the Intel processor in front of them is a new generation model or an older model, perhaps sold at a sale price precisely because it was released from support. This error should be avoided as much as possible, since even Microsoft has become very selective in the choice of processors to support (as in the case of Windows 11).
To avoid this error, just keep this article just a click away, where we will show you the best Intel processor of the moment. The guide consists of two chapters, where we will analyze the best Intel processor available for desktop PCs (and we will also recommend the motherboard on which it is preferable to install it) e the best Intel processor for notebooks (in this case we will recommend the best laptops where the indicated processor is present).
Since the guide is very specific to desktop PCs and notebooks sold to the consumer market or small business, we will avoid Intel CPU models intended for the server market, which often have other types of features and cannot be easily installed in domestic environment.
READ ALSO -> Which to choose between Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and i9
Best Intel processor for desktop PCs
At the time of writing the best Intel processor we can buy for desktop computers is the l ‘Intel Core i9-12900Ksold and shipped by Amazon for € 785.
This top-of-the-range processor has some unique features, which we can analyze in the following list:
- New platform with E-Cores (dedicated to energy efficiency) and P-Cores (for maximum performance)
- 8 E-Cores and 8 P-Cores, for a total of 16 physical cores
- 24 Threads, 16 reserved on P-Cores and 8 reserved on E-Cores
- Lowest frequency available 2.40 GHz (on E-Cores)
- Highest frequency available 5.10 GHz (on P-Cores)
- 30 MB Intel Smart Cache
- Maximum absorbed power 241 W
- DDR5 memory support
- Maximum amount of DDR4 and DDR5 memory supported 128GB
- Integrated Intel 770 UHD graphics
- Maximum graphics frequency 1.55 GHz
- Support for eDP 1.4b, DP 1.4a and HDMI 2.1 video outputs
- PCI Express 5.0 and 4.0 support
- Supported socket FCLGA1700
- Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Intel Deep Learning Boost
- Intel Thread Director
- Gaussian and Neural Accelerator
- Supporto Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O
- Supporto Intel AES New Instructions
These characteristics make it currently the best processor that we can install on a desktop PC. In order to exploit it properly, we recommend that you add a high-level motherboard, such as the ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4sold and shipped by Amazon at the price of 236 €.
Best Intel processor for notebooks
If, on the other hand, we are looking for a laptop equipped with the best Intel processor, we must make sure that the processor is present in the data sheet of the chosen notebook Intel Core i7-1165G7. This processor, pending the arrival of the first notebook models equipped with the new Alder Lake platform (such as the processor Intel Core i7-1265U), represent the maximum efficiency in terms of power and energy saving.
Let’s see together the best features of this notebook processor:
- 4 physical cores
- 8 core virtuali (8 Thread)
- 12 MB Intel Smart Cache
- Minimum energy saving frequency 1.20 GHz
- Maximum turbo frequency 4.70 GHz
- Maximum power consumption 28 W
- Maximum supported DDR4 RAM 64 GB
- Integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics
- Maximum graphics frequency 1.30 GHz
- Intel Thunderbolt 4 support
- Intel Smart Sound Technology
- Tecnologia Intel Hyper-Threading
- Thermal monitoring technologies
- Intel Software Guard Extensions
- Crittografia Intel Total Memory
The best laptops where you can find this high-end processor are listed below.
- ASUS VivoBook 15 (899€)
- Acer Aspire 3 A315 (949€)
- Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G2 (1249€)
- HP 470 G8 (1299€)
- LG Gram 17Z90P (1799€)
Those who want to take a look at other laptops can also read our guides to Best laptops for gaming and ai best low cost Laptops above the minimum requirements (maximum € 400).
By choosing one of the two Intel processors seen above we will be sure of use the most powerful processors available on the market, both in the desktop and in the notebook environment. The presence of these two processors will inevitably raise the price needed to assemble a desktop PC, just as the price of notebooks that supply Intel processors is higher.
To learn more we can also read our guides build yourself a perfect PC to buy on Amazon and how to make a High-performance 600 Euro assembled PC with high performance.
If, on the other hand, we are undecided whether to buy an AMD processor or a notebook with an AMD processor, we can learn more by reading our articles on why buy a new AMD Ryzen CPU for the PC e le differences between Intel and AMD processors.