In this article we see then which are the best LED monitors at an affordable and affordable price, from 100 to 200 Euros, so you can do a balanced shopping without spending a fortune. The monitors that we will recommend are suitable for general home use or for use on office PCs; if we have other needs, it is better to focus on more expensive monitors suitable for example for gaming scenarios and professional 3D graphics.
READ ALSO -> New Computer Monitor: What Features to Have
Economic monitor features
Even if we are in the lowest price category to buy a new monitor (difficult to find lower prices) this does not mean that we should not take a look at the technical features when we buy a new monitor with a price below 200 €! The features that absolutely must not be missing are the following:
- Resolution: The monitor must be compatible with Full HD resolution, i.e. have a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. In this way we will be able to benefit from high definition when we surf the Internet and when we open multiple programs, since the size of icons and text decreases with increasing resolution.
- Monitor size: the ideal dimensions for a mid-range monitor are between 22 inches and 27 inches, depending on the viewing distance, the size of the desk and the uses we want to make of it. Some more expensive models may also have a curved screen, to improve the spatial perception of images, especially at the edges.
- Connectivity: the chosen monitor must necessarily have an HDMI socket in order to connect it correctly to modern graphics cards (which always have a socket of this type). The quality of the HDMI connection is high as well as the management of color and refresh rate, so switching to this type of connection is worthwhile.
- Panel technology: now all monitors have LCD panels with LED backlighting, with various configurations based on the manufacturer chosen (IPS, TN or PLS). This is the minimum for a modern monitor, so as to combine uniform light and low energy consumption.
- Integrated audio speakers: Since HDMI also transmits audio digitally, some monitors are also integrated with small audio speakers at the bottom or rear of the same, so you can have audio without having to buy separate speakers. The quality however leaves a lot to be desired therefore, unless we have limits in terms of space, it is convenient leave this parameter alone and buy some dedicated external speakers, which will always sound better than the speakers built into the monitors.
- Menu OSD: all monitors now have menus of graphic settings visible in superimposition, so as to adjust the details and quality of the same to the maximum. The parameters that will certainly need to be retouched are brightness, contrast and color temperature; Many monitors have predefined profiles that we can try until we find the one that suits us.
If the monitor complies with the characteristics seen above, we can consider the purchase, perhaps choosing one of the monitors present in the following chapter.
Best monitors to buy
As usual when it comes to buying advice, the reference prices are taken from the Amazon online store which allows you to buy a monitor directly from home, often with discounted prices, always without shipping costs. The monitors listed here should however also be displayed and purchased in normal shopping centers, for those who prefer not to buy online.
HP – PC V22
The cheapest monitor we can buy is the HP – PC V22 (€ 119).
On this monitor we find a 22-inch Full HD screen, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 60 Hz refresh rate, Micro-Edge technology, anti-glare, 5 ms response time, on-screen controls, HDMI and VGA ports and reclining system.
Another very cheap monitor we can focus on is the ASUS VZ249HE (120 €).
This monitor boasts a 24-inch screen, 1920 x 1080 resolution, IPS technology, Ultra-Slim Design, HDMI port, D-Sub port, Flicker Free, blue light filter system and TUV (eye care monitor) certification.
Another very nice monitor we can focus on is the Dell SE2422HX (133 €).
Aiming at this monitor we will get a 24-inch screen, 1920 x 1080 resolution, IPS technology, Ultra-Slim design, HDMI port, AMD FreeSync technology support, Dell Comfort View function, VESA support and Dell EasyArrange proprietary system.
Samsung Monitor LED T35F
Among the most beautiful monitors that we can choose in this price range we also find the Samsung Monitor LED T35F (139 €).
This monitor features a 24-inch screen, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, IPS screen technology, Bezeless system, refresh rate up to 75Hz, 5ms response time, AMD FreeSync technology support, HDMI port, D- port Sub and Eye Saver Mode function.
If we are looking for a very large monitor without spending too much we can rely on the Philips 273V7QDSB (139 €).
This monitor boasts a 27-inch LED-type screen, IPS technology, Full HD resolution, 4ms response time, 3 Side Frameless system, Low Blue Mode, Flicker Free system, HDMI port, DVI port, VGA port and VESA mount .
Another very large monitor that we can consider in this price range is the Lenovo C27-35 (€ 149).
If we decide to focus on this monitor we will have a 27-inch screen, Full HD 1920×1080 resolution, VA screen technology, ultra-thin edges, AMD FreeSync system, 4ms response time, 75Hz refresh rate, HDMI port and VGA port.
If, on the other hand, we are looking for a monitor with integrated audio speakers, we can focus on the LG 24ML600S (€ 149).
On this monitor we will have a 24-inch screen, FULLHD resolution, IPS LED technology, 1ms MBR response time, AMD FreeSync technology, 75Hz refresh rate, 10W stereo audio system, HDMI port (with HDCP 1.4), port VGA, audio out and Flicker Safe system.
If we are setting up a Fixed PC for work or study we can choose one of the monitors seen above to save and keep costs low, without sacrificing quality by having monitors up to 27 inches available, with support for FullHD, very low response times and technologies designed to reduce eyestrain and compensate for the refresh rate for heavier apps.
For those looking for a very large monitor capable of replacing two monitors, we recommend that you take a look at the Monitor larghi 21:9 (ultra wide screen), really very beautiful and very useful if we often use Excel or two programs at the same time.