When you go to buy a smartwatch, given the wide variety of models available today, it is important to look at the technical characteristics as well as the aesthetics of the watch. The smartwatch can be a simple interface of the mobile phone in which to receive notifications, or it can itself be used as if it were a smartphone, with the only difference being having a smaller screen and being worn on the wrist.
In this article we discover which are the best smartwatch watches that can be bought, underlining for each of them the most important technical characteristics even in relation to the price, giving less importance to the aesthetic judgment that remains personal.
READ ALSO -> Best Apps for Android Wear Smartwatch
Smartwatch 2020 features
Before seeing in detail the smartwatches to buy, it is advisable to take a look at the technical characteristics of these devices, so as to be able to choose the model suitable for our needs and avoid badly made Chinese copies.
To be truly avant-garde we must observe the technical data sheet of the chosen smartwatch and check that there are the following features:
- Connection: the presence of Bluetooth is essential to make the smart watch communicate with the smartphone in our possession. Some also have WiFi technology to communicate quickly with the phone (during the association or for some particular functions).
- Display: almost all smartwatches use OLED or high-contrast technology, which allows you to see the screen and notifications well even in conditions of intense light, where usually many displays have obvious difficulties.
- Operating system: even smartwatches need to be managed and the better the operating system the better the things we can do. Currently the recommended systems are Wear OS (produced by Google) e Apple watchOS, but proprietary systems can also be used that offer an experience similar to that of the systems mentioned.
- App: many phone apps automatically interface with the configured smartwatch, in other cases we can install real independent apps on the smart watch. The best approach also depends on our needs.
- Battery: there are many possibilities in this case, let’s choose one that lasts at least 15 hours continuously on the screen if we don’t want to recharge our smartwatch too often.
- Strap: the strap is preferable to have it interchangeable, even if there are models that offer only one type of strap and it is not possible to change it easily. Choosing a nice strap we will not disfigure and we can combine it with our way of dressing.
- Contactless payments: one of the most modern features is without a doubt the support for contactless payments, via NFC chips. By combining our payment method with services such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, we can pay all types of expenses with the smartwatch, without having to take out your wallet or pay contactless with your smartphone.
- Smart lock: the most advanced smartwatches allow you to unlock the phone every time they detect the presence of the smartwatch in the neighborhood, so as to save time when we pick up the smartphone. On the other hand the phone (and the smartwatch itself) goes to screen lock when away or when we remove the watch from the wrist.
Best Smartwatch watches of the moment
After seeing the features to keep an eye on when buying a smartwatch, let’s see together the best models that you should buy.
Amazfit Bip Lite
The cheapest smartwatch we can buy is the Amazfit Bip Lite, which has a color touch screen, notifications and alarms, a 45-day battery, 24-hour physical activity and heart rate monitoring and a strap non-slip rubber.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Amazfit Bip Lite (€ 54).
If we look for something more like a watch without spending a fortune we can focus onAmazfit GTR, which features an AMOLED display, notifications, reminders and alarms, waterproof to a depth of 50 meters, battery with 24-day autonomy and 12 sports modes to choose from for your fitness.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Amazfit GTR (€ 119).
Fitbit Versa 2
The first mid-range smartwatch that we recommend to view is the Fitbit Versa 2, which features a high-contrast display, integration with Alexa for voice commands, support for the Spotify music app and Deezer with which to add up to 300 songs on the smartwatch (and listen to them offline) and a system for monitoring physical activity and sleep.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Fitbit Versa 2 (€ 180).
HUAWEI Watch GT 2
Another excellent smartwatch that we can view in the mid-market is the HUAWEI Watch GT 2, equipped with a large AMOLED display, dual GPS, 15 selectable training modes, advanced monitoring of fitness and rest activities, response to included calls and a 2-week battery with declared autonomy.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> HUAWEI Watch GT 2 (€ 199).
Fossil Smart Watch 5
The first famous watch brand we meet is the Fossil, which presents his Smart Watch generation 5, equipped with Wear OS operating system, interchangeable interfaces, activity and heart rate monitoring, integrated GPS, payments with Google Pay, integration with Google Assistant voice commands and long battery life (in extended mode).
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Fossil Smart Watch 5 (€ 284).
Garmin Vivoactive 4
A great smartwatch to look at and super accessioriato is the Garmin Vivoactive 4, which boasts a high-contrast screen, continuous heartbeat detection, monitoring of physical activity with step counts, odometer and stopwatch, which can always be displayed on screen and last a week.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Garmin Vivoactive 4 (€ 299).
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
The famous manufacturer Samsung he could not be outdone by presenting his own Galaxy Watch Active2, which boasts a SuperAMOLED display, integrated GPS, heart rate sensor, advanced tracking system for the fitnes, 340mAh battery and IP68 certification.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 (€ 307).
Garmin Fenix 5 Plus
The first high-end smartwatch that we recommend to view is without a doubt the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus, which has always access screen, navigation system integrated with European maps, integrated music with Bluetooth reproduction, Garmin Pay contactless payment system and up to 7 days autonomy with all connections activated.
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Garmin Fenix 5 Plus (€ 499).
Apple Watch Series 5
For many the best smartwatch in existence at the moment is theApple Watch Series 5, which boasts an always-on Retina display, advanced GPS system, data connectivity included, certified waterproofing, optical heart rate monitor, integrated compass and notification system for apps, alerts, alarms and calls (on Apple devices).
We can view this smartwatch from here -> Apple Watch Series 5 (€ 589).
READ ALSO: How the Apple Watch Works
Choosing one of the smartwatches recommended in this guide we will be sure to choose quality products, able to provide all the functions we are looking for from a modern smart wearable. The best is still the Apple Watch, but we can find smart watches for every price range.
Still on the same topic, we created the guide on Which smartwatch to buy to connect the watch to the phone, so as to be able to resolve the last doubts about the purchase.
If we do not want to bet on a smartwatch but we still want to monitor our physical activity, we can also view our guide on how Get back in shape with fitness apps and bracelets to monitor physical activities.