10 best extensions to have a free VPN on Google Chrome and browse all sites even those obscured or blocked in Italy and the USA
VPNs serve many purposes. One is to create a tunnel to visit each site without geographic restrictions and keep privacy and anonymity online about what is done on the internet. We have seen, in another article, I best free programs to install a VPN on Windows.
In this article, for those who want something less invasive, quickly usable only to visit certain websites so as not to be tracked and without various types of blocks, let’s see some Chrome extensions capable of passing the internet connection over a VPN. The extensions route the packets to the server of the company that manages the VPN and the connection to the Internet is established from that server. Internet traffic, therefore, passes through this remote server so that online services and websites will think that the connection only comes from there, without having any reference to our computer.
READ ALSO: Premium VPNs faster, more reliable and unlimited
If you browse with Google Chrome you can have a free VPN to route traffic and overcome any limitations in the internet world with some extensions.
In addition to the advantages that are obtained in terms of security, such as anonymous surfing and tracking protection, VPN extensions for Chrome also offer additional advantages over classic VPN programs. Compared to a complete VPN app, a Chrome extension offers easy access to the service, with only one button to press in the extension bar at the top right.
The best free VPNs for Chrome are
1) TouchVPN is one of the most deserving Chrome VPN extensions, completely free, simple to configure and that is activated as soon as you install the extension, without having to create an account. You can choose up to seven server positions or you can use automatic selection. Once connected, TouchVPN displays some information such as connection speed, the status of locked items and a button to break the connection. It is also supplied with an advertising block, cookie blocker, malware block, WebRTC block and tracker blocker, for advanced protection (even if some sites may not be seen properly).
2) uVPN is a free and unlimited VPN, very minimalist. Once this extension is installed, access to the VPN is just a click, without any customization options, other than choosing the server location.
3) Free VPN is a very simple free VPN for Chrome, where you can choose from many server locations, without any additional functionality.
4) ZenMate requires you to register an email address on the welcome page after installing the extension. The password is automatically generated on the next screen and can be changed. The extension is activated automatically and is ready for use. The status of the VPN is visible from the icon with the shield on the address bar. From here you can also change the location of the VPN server to make the connection appear to come from New York / United States, Frankfurt / Germany, London / UK, Zurich / Switzerland or Kowloon / Hong Kong. Zenmate is free and, for now, offers unlimited traffic. ZenMate is a German company.
5) DotVPN is a great extension to use a free VPN with no limits that allow to make the connection to the websites anonymous, encrypted, secure and with the possibility of choosing between 12 countries to falsify the location and make it seem that we are connecting to the internet from another place. With DotVPN, one of Chrome’s best VPNs, you can open all websites, videos and streaming services without geographic restrictions, traffic compression, encryption, total identity privacy, and IP address, ability to browse onion sites of the TOR network, integrated firewall. Clicking the icon in the extension bar will help you learn more about the selected remote server and its location. You can use a menu to switch to another server and simulate an internet connection from the USA, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, and Russia.
6) Hola Better Internet is a service I had already discussed in another article, talking about how the plugin works to speed up and navigate faster on the internet. Hola uses a slightly different system than other VPNs and uses the connection of the same users to feed traffic. Without the need to create an account, you can immediately use Hola after installing on CHorme and browse all websites, including those blocked or blocked in Italy. Hola is an Israeli company.
7) Tunnelbear for Chrome makes it easy and automatic to access the internet via VPN to surf safely with an encrypted connection (very useful if you are connected by public wifi) and to visit sites that are obscured or inaccessible in our country. The connection can be simulated by several European countries including Italy, Spain, USA, England, France, Germany, and others. The free account limits the possibility of keeping the VPN active for the traffic of 500 MB per month.
8) Browsec is the most advanced free Chrome VPN extension you can find, with a number of features that are usually only found in premium versions. The only limitation is in the number of servers available, otherwise, speed, bandwidth, and security are never limited.
9) BetterNet, of which I had already spoken in an article, offers one of the most fluid and fast VPN experiences, without advertising, always free. The free version allows you to connect only to four server stations but does not limit the bandwidth and the connection remains fast without slowdowns.
10) Other VPNs for Chrome very good, but with some limitations in the free use, they are:
READ ALSO: Try the Opera Browser VPN, free and unlimited