READ ALSO: Best Chinese smartphone brands
Low-cost Chinese phones
As with any buying guide we have created on the site, in the first chapter we will show you what features a low-cost Chinese phone must-have, so as to always avoid scams (especially if we buy in a physical store); in the second chapter, we will show you what, in our opinion, are the best Chinese smartphones with a selling price of less than 200 €.
To avoid buying too cheap phones, it is advisable to always observe that the following technical characteristics are present in the technical data sheet, so as to avoid cheats or poor products:
- Octa-core processor: now essential to run all apps and the Android operating system at their best; on Chinese smartphones, we will not always find Qualcomm processors, but we will often find Mediatek (today they are very good), to provide computing capacity.
- 3 GB of RAM: we never go below this value with regards to RAM, as apps become increasingly heavy and need memory to run in real-time.
- 32 GB of internal memory: let’s make sure it is expandable whatever the available memory capacity (without ever going below 32 GB), so you can use the microSD to save the largest files.
- 5.5 inch or larger screen: We no longer focus on models with displays smaller than 5.5 inches, as practically all modern smartphones, operating systems, and apps are optimized to run on very large screens.
- Fingerprint reader: to be able to quickly unlock the smartphone and access compatible apps without typing unlock paths or PIN codes; alternatively, we can also find the face unlock system, which is also very precise and effective to ensure safe access.
- Android 9.0 or higher: To get all the most advanced features and support for the most modern apps we will need at least Android 8.0, the latest stable Android version currently available.
- 4000 mAh battery: Values equal to or greater than this always indicate good battery life.
- LTE support: even if it might seem obvious, many Chinese smartphones only support some of the LTE bands available in Italy; to be on the safe side we check that there is support for band 20 (LTE B20).
- Dual SIM: with this feature, we can use two SIMs in the same phone, so as to receive and send calls from two different numbers (in addition to being able to take advantage of two separate data offers).
The other features are not very important at this level, so we might as well not focus too much on them (such as the cameras or display technology) and focus on those indicated above.
Good Chinese smartphones under 200 Euros
After seeing the features for a good cheap Chinese smartphone, we discover the best models to bet on with a figure close to € 200 (we will not report the models that exceed this value, so as to be able to spend wisely). Obviously, we will rely on Amazon for the models, as it offers excellent assistance in case of problems with the chosen phone.
The cheapest smartphone we can bet on is the CUBOT Note 20, available on Amazon for less than 110 €.
On this Chinese smartphone, we find a 6.5-inch HD screen, octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal memory, LTE support, quadruple rear camera with artificial intelligence, Dual SIM support, NFC chip, face unlock, battery 4200mAh, and Android 10.0 operating system.
If, on the other hand, we really love Huawei smartphones and want to get a cheap one, we advise you to focus on HUAWEI P40 Lite E, available on Amazon for less than 140 €.
On this phone, we find a 6.39 Inch HD FullView screen, octa-core Kirin 710F processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal memory, LTE support, triple rear camera with artificial intelligence, Dual SIM support, rear fingerprint reader, battery 4000mAh and EMUI 9.1.1 operating system (based on Android 9). There are no Google apps on this smartphone, but we will be able to download the apps thanks to Huawei Mobile Services.
If we are looking for a smartphone with a very large battery, we recommend that you take a look at the OPPO A52, available on Amazon for less than 150 €.
On this smartphone we find a 6.5-inch HD screen, an octa-core processor with OPPO Hyper Boost, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal memory, LTE support, quadruple rear camera with artificial intelligence, Dual SIM support, NFC chip, unlock with the face, 5000mAh battery, fast charging and ColorOS 7 operating system (based on Android 10).
Another interesting smartphone for those looking for a lot of storage space is theHonor 20S, available on Amazon for less than € 190.
On this phone we find a 6.15-inch FHD + screen, octa-core processor, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of expandable internal memory, LTE support, triple rear camera with Super wide-angle, Dual SIM support, face unlock, rear fingerprint reader, 3340mAh battery, fast charging and Magic UI 2.1 operating system (based on Android 9.1). Also on this phone, as on Huawei, there are no Google apps but dedicated apps to download the new apps.
The Chinese manufacturer BlackView sells smartphones at all prices, including many under 200 euros. The appreciated feature of Blackview is that most phones have a shockproof, reinforced shell. Blackview phones can be viewed on Amazon
Finally, we point out what for many is the best low-cost Chinese phone that is Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, available on Amazon for less than € 190.
On this Chinese smartphone we find a 6.53-inch FHD + DotDisplay screen, octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM, 128GB of expandable internal memory, LTE support, quadruple rear camera with artificial intelligence, Dual SIM support, NFC chip, face unlock, rear fingerprint reader, 5020mAh battery, fast charging and MIUI operating system (based on Android 10).
We do not have to spend an exaggerated amount to have a powerful and modern smartphone of Chinese origin: by choosing one of the models seen above we will be able to have in our hands a phone that can do everything, open apps quickly, and support all the new functions seen. on more expensive phones.
If we are not convinced of the goodness of Chinese phones, we invite you to read our guides: Those who want the best smartphone must buy a Chinese one is Best Chinese smartphones by price range.