While Windows 10 includes several disk management tools, for some tasks it can be much simpler and more productive to use and there are several disk management programs available for Windows 10, free, which can be used to manage disk space and perform all those optimization operations required. With these programs you can then clean the junk files, defragment drives, delete or create partitions (this is an activity that requires a minimum of experience) and then also correct errors automatically, check integrity and much more.
Trying to make a more generic grouping, we see here i best disk management programs, specialized or that allow you to do all the activities mentioned above.
READ ALSO: Best programs to format disks and manage hard disk partitions
1) EaseUS Partition Manager It is one of the best programs on this list for managing disk partitions, for those who need to divide the disk (hard disk or SSD) into several parts so that Windows can see the partitions as if they were different drives. We talked in another article about what it means to partition disks and how to create, extend, merge partitions. Easus Partition Manager allows you to preview the changes made on the disk before applying the choices.
The Easus tool, available in a free version, also includes other useful features, including that for cloning a disk, erasing data on the free space so as not to make it more recoverable, changing the label of the partitions, hiding partitions.
2) Macrorit Partition Expert is a program similar to that of Easus, very simple, in a free version, which allows you to create, reduce, delete, join partitions and with all the tools included to manage partitions and drives, including the one to clone a partition and migrate the system to another record.
3) Macrorit disk scanner is a different tool, which you can download and use for free, to check disk errors, search for and repair bad sectors. It is, in fact, an error-checking program such as the Windows scan disk.
4) Iobit Advanced SystemCare is a different program than the ones I mentioned in a dedicated article, one of those programs to optimize the Windows system. IObit Advanced SystemCare is therefore a suite of tools to delete junk files, to defragment the disk, to clean the registry and speed up loading in general.
5) HDDScan it is yet another disk management program, hard disk or SSD, this time aimed at performance tests, useful to check if it is still good or if it will require a replacement soon. In addition to being one of the best to check the status of the disc with health, performance and speed tests, there are also tools available to check the temperature and to optimize the disc.
6) Utilities to optimize SSD drives they are listed in another article and work differently depending on the brand and model of the SSD inside the computer. Their purpose is to activate all system options to make uploads faster and, at the same time, to make the solid state drive last longer.
7) WinDirStat is a program as simple as useful, which allows you to graphically see how disk space is occupied, so you can quickly identify which are the largest files and folders and possibly decide what to delete to free up space.
8) ZEROFILL is a small tool that allows you to erase free disk space. In summary, it overwrites the data marked as deleted so that it is not recoverable, with the result of significantly reducing disk usage and saving space. It is a program that should always be used after a certain period of computer use.
READ ALSO: How to free up disk space