Subscription guide with PosteMobile, rates, fixed-line, and mobile phone coverage
In addition to the classic Wind, TIM, Vodafone, and 3 cellular operators, many other virtual operators (also called MVNOs) are available which, by relying on one of the cellular networks mentioned, allow you to obtain a SIM with minutes, SMS and Giga at prices. very competitive. One of the most successful virtual operators is PosteMobile, offered by Poste Italiane and well integrated with the other products offered by the post office.
In this guide we will show you how PosteMobile works showing you the coverage, the rates dedicated to SIM and the landline phone and finally how to pay subscriptions and PosteMobile invoices, so you can decide whether or not to switch to this operator, using the information in the chapter on how to switch to PosteMobile.
Postemobile Rates and SIM activation
If we have decided to activate a PosteMobile SIM, we advise you to carefully read all the following chapters, in order to assess whether or not it is worth activating a new SIM with this virtual operator.
Being PosteMobile a virtual operator, it does not have its own antennas to cover the Italian territory, but “borrows” the antennas of a real operator, which in this case is Wind Tre. To check the coverage of PosteMobile then just go to the sites to check the coverage of Wind and the coverage of 3 Italia.
The areas covered in bright red have high-speed LTE coverage, while the areas in light red have limited LTE coverage or 3G coverage; areas without high-speed coverage are visible as non-colored areas. The two operators have combined their resources, so we can navigate with the antennas of one or the other indifferently.
The statistics show coverage in 4G LTE of 98.1%, definitely a good result for Wind Tre and consequently also for PosteMobile, which we will be able to exploit at high speed in all the major Italian cities and in a large part of the Italian territory.
PosteMobile rates for mobile phones
After seeing the PosteMobile coverage, below we will present the best rates and offers that we can subscribe to obtain a SIM, valid both for use on smartphones/tablets and as a SIM for a surf on portable modems.
- Create me neXt Special Edition: it is the rechargeable offer that allows us to use unlimited calls and SMS every month, to which are added 10, 30 or 50 Giga of high-speed Internet browsing. The basic cost of the offer is € 10 per month, with some differences in payment times (every month for offer 1, every 3 months for offer 2 and every 6 months for offer 3, in this last case at € 8.3 per month).
- Create Me WeBack: one of the best PosteMobile offers, with unlimited calls and SMS to all 50 Giga for € 9.99 per month. Added to this is a special recovery mode for unused gigabytes every month, which will be converted into bonus top-ups in the following month (€ 1 for every 10 GB not used).
- Creami Relax 100: a limited offer reserved for new customers with unlimited calls and SMS to all 80 gigabytes of high-speed Internet, which becomes 100GB after the first year of subscription. The offer is on sale at € 10 for the first 3 monthly renewals, then goes to € 9 between the fourth and sixth renewals then drops to € 8 monthly for all subsequent renewals.
The offers shown are subject to constant changes and modifications; to monitor all new offers, we recommend that you visit the PosteMobile rate plans website daily.
PosteMobile rates for a fixed-line
PosteMobile has also added support to the fixed-line. If we are also interested in the home phone or modem to surf the Internet on a fixed line, here are the two offers to consider:
- PosteMobile Casa: this offer includes calls to national fixed and mobile numbers (without connection fee) for € 20.90 per month. The delivery of the dedicated telephone, the installation and the activation fee are free.
- PosteMobile Casa Internet: this offer includes calls to national fixed and mobile numbers (without connection fee), unlimited Internet (up to 300Mbps for download and 50 Mbps for upload) for € 30.90 per month. Delivery of the dedicated telephone and modem and installation are free.
Internet browsing for the fixed network will take advantage of 4G +, in a similar way to Linkem (cellular data network with an offer of surfing without time and consumption limits).
How to pay subscriptions and PosteMobile invoices
Now that we have more information on PosteMobile, we will show you how to easily pay for subscriptions and invoices.
Subscriptions for mobile SIM cards will be paid by scaling the remaining credit on our line: it will, therefore, be enough to make a periodic top-up in order to continue using them. To load a PosteMobile SIM, simply open the dedicated site and click on the top Reload.
We now log in with our Poste Italiane credentials, choose the denomination and the number to be recharged and then indicate the payment method to be used (credit card or PayPal). Given the link with Poste Italiane, we can also use one of the payment cards offered by the post offices (PostePay or BancoPosta) or charge the expense directly to the postal account, so as to always keep everything under control. We can pay Postemobile Casa invoices both by postal order and by direct debit from a current account.
To top up and pay PosteMobile invoices we can also use one of the apps listed below:
- Poste Mobile (Android and iOS)
- Postepay (Android and iOS)
- BancoPosta (Android and iOS)
To learn more, we can also read PosteMobile apps and services on the website.
If PosteMobile offers convinced us, we can request our new SIM (also in portability) in any post office or following the online activation procedure, so as to receive the SIM directly at home by courier.
To evaluate the offers of the other operators, we recommend that you read our guides on the best rates for the mobile Internet (Tim, Tre, Wind, Vodafone, etc.) is Best Internet offers for LTE / 3G keys, for surfing without a fixed-line.