As scheduled, a week after Release CandidateApple released the final version of iOS 17.1now downloadable by all users with a compatible iPhone.
Although it is a “minor” update, the latest version of the iPhone operating system brings with it some of the new features announced during WWDC23 but which took longer than expected to perfect. Among these there is for example the one that allows you to complete a transfer started with AirDrop via internet. Among the various bugs resolved, however, there is that of keyboardfor many users not very responsive.
All the news of iOS 17.1
Downloading the update (which weighs several GB) is very simple and requires a few steps. Just go in Settings → General → Software Update. For a complete picture, we indicate below the Complete iOS 17.1 changelog:
- AirDrop: Content transfer continues over the internet when you leave AirDrop’s range
- StandBy: New options have been added to control whether the screen turns off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max).
- Musica: Favorites now include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter the library to show them. The new illustration collection includes images that change color based on the songs in your playlist. To make it easier to add similar music, suggested songs appear at the bottom of playlists.
- The update also includes the following improvements and problem resolutions:
- You can now choose a specific album to use with the “Random Photos” option on the lock screen.
- Support has been added House keys for Matter locks.
- Improved the reliability of syncing Screen Time settings across multiple devices.
- An issue that could cause this has been resolved initializing privacy settings of “Frequent Place” when transferring or first pairing your Apple Watch.
- Fixed an issue where the caller name of an incoming phone call might not be shown during another ongoing call.
- Fixed an issue where customized and purchased ringtones may not be shown as SMS ringtone options.
- Has been solved a problem that could reduce the responsiveness of the keyboard.
- Incident detection has been improved (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models).
- Has been solved a problem that could cause images to persist on the screen.
Apple also released iPadOS 17.1 (with support for the new Apple Pencil with USB-C), e iOS 16.7.2 e iOS 15.8. The latter are important security updates to be installed on iPhones that are not compatible with the latest major update.