READ ALSO: Best Android smartphone from 100 to 1500 Euro (2020/2021)
Poco X3: best smartphone on Amazon
In the following chapters, we will show you in detail the strengths and weaknesses of the Poco X3 smartphone, considered by many to be the best Android smartphone for quality/price, which was also the best-selling on a platform like Amazon, where it is certainly difficult to emerge given the fierce competition.
Keep in mind that the ranking of the best-selling smartphones on Amazon changes continuously also based on the availability of a product. Right now the best-sellers are Samsung Galaxy A20e, OPPO A52, and Xiaomi Redmi 9S, which are low-cost smartphones.
Advantages of the Xiaomi Poco X3
To understand why this is the best-selling smartphone on Amazon and decide whether or not to buy this mobile phone, let’s take a look at the advantages that can be appreciated on it.
- RAM and internal memory: the Xiaomi Poco X3 offers well 6GB of RAM and an internal memory of ben 128GB, a really high amount if we consider the other smartphones in the same price range. Thanks to so much RAM and internal memory we will be able to install and start any type of app without problems, without fear that our smartphone suddenly slows down or may report insufficient space.
- Expandability; despite the presence of 128GB of internal memory this Xiaomi Redmi Note also supports microSD up to 256 GB, which can be installed in the dedicated slot. We will thus be able to expand the internal memory in case we have to make many videos and photographs, so as not to saturate the space reserved for apps.
- Dual SIM: this smartphone allows you to manage two SIMs simultaneously thanks to the double slot, so you can have a single mobile phone for both the home line and the office line (or any other SIM in your possession). Both SIMs can benefit from the data offers, but we can only use one SIM at a time for the Internet (choosing in advance which one to use for the Internet). Instead, we can receive and send calls with both SIMs, we will only be asked before the call to make which SIM to use.
- Processor: the Xiaomi Poco X3 has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G CPU, undoubtedly one of the best processors in this price range, since it is fast and with perfect energy-saving control. We will therefore be able to start even the heaviest applications without fear that the smartphone will slow down since the processor is absolutely adequate to withstand the amount of RAM and internal memory available.
- Operating system: one of the greatest strengths is certainly the presence of MIUI customized in POCO style, an Android-based system that closely resembles the solutions offered by Apple on its iPhones. We will therefore have a very fast, snappy system with numerous additional features that will delight those who come from an iPhone (perhaps a little less those used to the classic Android interfaces, but just get used to them). To this we add that the operating system is updated regularly and that each update leads to further optimizations and new features, often taken from the latest version of Android (so we can have those innovative functions simply by updating the MIUI, any version of Android in our possession. ). Definitely one of the greatest strengths of this device, considering that it was born with the basis of Android 10 (constantly updated).
- Battery: the Xiaomi Poco X3 offers a 5160 mAh lithium polymer battery, one of the best values that can be obtained on smartphones in this price category and that allows the smartphone to arrive safely in the evening even with medium-intense use, even thanks to the optimization and energy savings offered by MIUI (one of the most effective in the Android landscape).
- Screen: the screen of the Xiaomi Poco X3 is 6.67 inches large and has an increased FullHD resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels) so that you can reproduce more details thanks to the extended format. In addition to the resolution, the screen offers good protection from bumps and scratches thanks to Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Connectivity and accessories: in addition to all the classic connections that can be found on a modern smartphone (such as NFC, LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, fingerprint reader, USB Type-C with fast charging and Wi-Fi) find on this Xiaomi also the infrared port (IrDA); we find the FM radio integrated and usable through the headphones (which will act as an antenna) in addition we can also find the advanced GPS with support for A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou, that is all satellite systems accessible today from every point of the earth.
- Camera: The rear camera of the Poco X3 comes with 4 64 megapixel sensors + 13-megapixel large sensor + 2-megapixel depth sensor + 2-megapixel macro camera. With this technology, smartphone photos will be of a high standard in any light condition and in any setting.
The merits should be enough to make you buy the smartphone that we have mentioned immediately, but for completeness of information, we advise you to continue reading and also read the defects that this device presents, so as to have the widest possible picture.
Defects of the Xiaomi Poco X3
Even if the smartphone seems to be “perfect”, some defects can be attributed to it and can put in difficulty those who have never had to deal with a Xiaomi or who come from devices of other brands or manufacturers.
- Aggressive energy saving: apps are closed very frequently on MIUI and, if we do not adjust this setting to perfection, we risk not receiving notifications from important apps such as Gmail, WhatsApp, and Facebook more than once.
- Lack of 5G support: even if you do not find many phones with this new technology incorporated, it is difficult to think of not having a phone ready for the new high-speed networks, when they have spread and are within the reach of many municipalities in Italy (we can always use LTE only).
- Limited expandable memory: even if 128GB is a lot to fill, the phone does not support MicroSD with a capacity greater than 256GB, too few compared to the competition (which is now pushing towards 512GB or even 1TB).
Other minor and very subjective defects that we can find on this Xiaomi Poco X3 are the generously sized screen (not all of them adapt immediately to the screen of over 6 and a half inches) and the operating system very similar to iPhone and far from the classic Android schemes. (they can make Android lovers turn up their noses, at least in the early days).
Does the Xiaomi Poco X3 deserve to be the best-selling smartphone of the year? In our opinion, the answer is yes: the quality/price ratio is really very high, we can have in our hands a fast, snappy smartphone, always updated and with everything you need, spending less than € 250, a figure that until a few years ago would have forced us to buy only Android smartphones with much worse features or that became obsolete after a short time. We are sure that once you have tried this smartphone, you will hardly regret the choice made! If interested we can view Xiaomi Poco X3 directly from the Amazon site for less than 250 €.
If we are looking for other Xiaomi at a good price, we recommend that you read our guide Best Xiaomi smartphones (Redmi and Mi) at advantageous prices.
If, on the other hand, our budget is even more limited and we want to spend less than € 200, we suggest you read our guide Chinese smartphones under 200 Euros, but still good.