Until a few years ago, the challenge between smartphone manufacturers was reserved for Samsung, Huawei, and Apple, with other competitors far behind in the fight against sales. But from China, another great producer has arrived, which has slowly conquered enthusiasts all over the world, including Italy: Xiaomi. This manufacturer is known for making smartphones with a modern look, with a very optimized operating system (still based on Android but with a more effective update system) and excellent battery life, which can, therefore, make all owners happy…
If this is the first time we’ve heard of Xiaomi and we don’t know which smartphone to choose, in this guide we’ll show you the best Xiaomi smartphones we can buy in Italy, with Italian guarantee, guaranteed support and unbeatable value for money, whatever the price range we are interested in.
Best Xiaomi smartphones
As anticipated in the introduction Xiaomi smartphones are among the best phones for quality/price ratio, have very interesting technical data sheets and present themselves with very competitive selling prices (the most expensive smartphone does not exceed 400 €). In this guide we will show you only the technical features that differentiate them from other manufacturers and the inevitable buying guide, so you can choose the best models.
It is difficult to summarize the merits of Xiaomi in a few lines, but compared with other manufacturers’ devices, the following features surely emerge:
- Operating system: the MIUI is an extremely personalized system that embodies the advantages of the Android world with the practicality of the iPhone, uniting them as no one has ever managed to do. We will find ourselves in front of a very fast system, with a practical and comfortable launcher and with everything you need at your fingertips. Obviously being based on Android we will be able to install all the customizations that we consider appropriate, so as to make it truly unique and personal.
- Updates: another strong point of the Xiaomi are updates, much more frequently than other manufacturers. Xiaomi does not just update the Android version but brings all the main innovations introduced by the new releases even on smartphones from 2-3 years ago, so as not to have to change smartphones due to seniority or because there is no update or function innovative.
- Performance: even if the technical cards always have adequate components, the performances are always of high level on any smartphone, even the low-end ones; thanks to the optimization made by Xiaomi, which sews the system to measure on each device, to the point of making the installation of customized ROMs unnecessary after a few years.
- Safety: Xiaomi smartphones include a security app that can scan the system on demand, looking for malicious apps. In addition to the virus scan, we find the constant installation of patches released by Google, the advanced cleaning system and the integrated anti-theft system (via Mi account): if we lose the phone we can track it and block it remotely, alongside the anti-theft system already provided by Google.
- Design: the design has constantly evolved on the Xiaomi, up to embracing the lines of some iPhone and Samsung, bringing however some unique details. We will hardly find ugly Xiaomi.
To get to know other important characteristics of this Chinese manufacturer, we advise you to read our guides Best Chinese Smartphone Brands is Who wants the best smartphone must buy a Chinese one.
Guide to the best smartphones of the moment
After seeing some of the characteristics of Xiaomi, we see below the best models to buy for all budgets. We will only recommend models for sale on Amazon, so you can benefit from the unique guarantee of the famous e-commerce site.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A
The cheapest Xiaomi smartphone we can buy is it Xiaomi Redmi 8A, which features a 6.22-inch HD display, a Snapdragon 439 Octa-Core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of expandable internal memory, a 12 MP rear camera with artificial intelligence, an 8 MP front camera, a rear fingerprint reader and a 5000 mAh battery.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Redmi 8A (99 €).
Xiaomi Redmi 8
If we want to save money but look for a more substantial technical sheet we can focus on Xiaomi Redmi 8, which has a 6.22-inch HD screen, Snapdragon 439 Octa-Core processor, 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of expandable internal memory, dual 12 MP + 2 MP rear camera with artificial intelligence, front camera of 8 MP, reader d ‘rear footprint and a 5000 mAh battery.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Redmi 8 (€ 117).
Xiaomi Mi A3
Are we looking for a low-cost Google Pixel? In this case, we can focus on Xiaomi Mi A3, which shows up with Android One operating system, ie Android without customizations and with updates managed directly by Google. In addition to the different operating system it has a 6.08 inch AMOLED FullHD screen, Snapdragon 665 Octa-Core processor, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of expandable internal memory, triple rear camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP, Dual Wi-Fi Band, Bluetooth 5.0, 32 MP front camera, face unlock and a 4030 mAh battery.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Mi A3 (€ 161).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
If we love large screens and are looking for a mid-range smartphone, we can view it Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, which boasts a 6.3-inch AMOLED FullHD screen, Snapdragon 665 Octa-Core processor, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of expandable internal memory, quadruple 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP rear camera, Dual-Band Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 5.0, 13 MP front camera, unlock with face and a 4000 mAh battery with fast charge.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (€ 168).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
With an even bigger screen, a processor optimized for games, 6GB RAM and 64-megapixel quadruple camera, 4500 mAh battery, you can buy the enhanced variant of the Redmi Note 8, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (250 €).
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
The first medium-high end smartphone that we can evaluate with this manufacturer is Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, which features a 6.39 inch AMOLED FullHD screen, Snapdragon 710 Octa-Core processor, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of expandable internal memory, triple rear camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP, Wi-Fi Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, 32 MP front camera, face unlock, fingerprint reader under the display and a 4030 mAh battery with quick charge.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (€ 239).
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Don’t we love smartphones with displays over 6 inches? In this case we can view it Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, which boasts a 5.97 inch AMOLED FullHD screen, Snapdragon 712 Octa-Core processor, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of expandable internal memory, triple rear camera of 48 MP + 13 MP + 8 MP, Wi-Fi Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0 , 20 MP front camera, face release and a 3070 mAh battery.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (€ 298).
Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
The current top of the range that we can buy in Italy is it Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, which features a 6.39 inch AMOLED FullHD + screen, Snapdragon 855 Octa-Core processor, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of expandable internal memory, triple 48 MP rear camera + 13 MP + 8 MP, Dual-Band Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 5.0, 20 MP pop-up front camera, face unlock, fingerprint reader under the display and a 4000 mAh battery with 27W fast charge.
We can view this smartphone from here -> Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (€ 378).
If we haven’t tried a Xiaomi yet, it is the right time to choose one: all the phones that we showed you only fast, have an attractive design and will win you over from the first use. It is no coincidence that some of the smartphones are better than our guide Best Android smartphone from 100 to 1000 Euros (2019/20) are Xiaomi, which for years has been synonymous with wonderful value for money.
If we are looking for other smartphones with a large screen or a high-quality camera, we advise you to read our guides on Best smartphones with a big screen (6 inches or above) and the guide to Smartphone with the best camera to buy.