READ ALSO -> New Computer Monitor: What Features Should It Have
Best monitors 144 Hz 34 inches
Before choosing any monitor, we carefully read the characteristics they must have, so as to be able to respond to all gaming needs and work needs (often very complicated). After seeing the features we will find a chapter dedicated to monitors that we can buy online, saving something compared to physical stores.
To choose a good 34-inch monitor, make sure that the following features are present, avoiding all models that do not respect them:
- Update frequency: make sure that the frequency of 144Hz, increasingly used in the latest generation of games and replicable even when we use the computer to watch a film or any audio/video stream.
- Backlight: now all models have LED panels to provide the necessary light to reproduce details on LCD screens.
- Resolution and aspect ratio: 1080p is now the bare minimum, although most 34-inch monitors support a “wider” resolution, as the aspect ratio for these monitors is almost always 21: 9. To play and to work, we try to focus on monitors that have a resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels or higher (such as QHD 3440 x 1440 pixels).
- Automatic synchronization technologies: in the gaming field, many monitors support NVIDIA G-Sync and AMD FreeSync technologies, which allow you to synchronize the display refresh rate with that obtainable from the video card, so as to avoid screen cuts and slowdowns during games.
- Response time: The response time indicates the time that passes between receiving the video signal and actually appearing on the display. The best monitors have response times of 4ms (milliseconds) or less.
- Connections: All monitors intended for gaming or work must have an HDMI 2.0 port and a DisplayPort 1.4 so that any computer or dedicated video card can be connected.
If the chosen monitor has all these features we can buy it without problems, perhaps choosing from the models we have selected in the next chapter.
If we are interested in buying a “cheap” 34-inch 144 Hz monitor we can take a look at the LG 34GL750 UltraGear, available on Amazon for less than 500 €.
This monitor features a 21: 9 Curved UltraWide screen, IPS LED technology, HDR technology, 2560×1080 pixel resolution, 1ms response time, NVIDIA G-Sync, and AMD FreeSync compatible, 144Hz refresh rate, HDMI 2.0 port, Display port Port 1.4, USB Hub port and Audio Out.
Another interesting monitor that we can consider is it Xiaomi Mi Curved Gaming, available on Amazon for less than 500 €.
On this monitor, we can find a 34-inch display with QHD resolution 3440 x 1440 pixels, support for AMD FreeSync technology, 144 Hz refresh rate, 4 ms response time, 400 nit brightness, HDMI connection, and DisplayPort connection.
Still, in the field of gaming monitors, we can focus on Acer Nitro XV340CKP, available on Amazon for less than 500 €.
On this monitor, we find a 34-inch display with IPS technology, QHD resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, 1 ms response time, HDMI 2.0 socket, DisplayPort 1.4 socket, USB 3.0 socket, 21: 9 aspect ratio, Brightness 250 cd / m2, ZeroFrame technology, and Integrated Speakers.
Another famous manufacturer for gaming monitors is AOC and in this category falls the AOC Monitor CU34G2X/BK, available on Amazon for less than € 600.
On this G2 Series monitor, we find a 34-inch Curved display, WQHD 3440 x 1440 resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, HDMI port, DisplayPort port, AMD FreeSync technology support, 1 ms response time, and USB hub with 4 dedicated sockets.
For the most demanding gamers in terms of gaming monitors, it is possible to focus on ASUS TUF Gaming, available on Amazon for less than 700 €.
Focusing on this monitor we will have a 34-inch display with WQHD resolution (3440×1440), a maximum refresh rate of 165Hz, Extreme Low Motion Blur technology, AMD FreeSync Premium technology, 1ms response time, and DisplayHDR 400 technology (brighter colors).
The most expensive monitor in its category, reserved for gaming professionals, is the MSI Optix MPG341CQR, available on Amazon for less than € 800.
On this monitor, we find a 34-inch Curved 21: 9 display, UWQHD resolution (3440 X 1440), HDR 400 technology support, 144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, Mystic Light RGB, Steelseries GameSense technology, 1800R Curvature, and AMD FreeSync technology support.
These huge monitors can make a difference if we play the new gaming titles that support resolutions above 1080p and refresh rates above 60FPS; obviously, we have to focus on a good dedicated video card, otherwise, we might as well spend something less and get a simple monitor.
Still, on the subject of monitors, we can read our guides Compare monitors and screens e Should you upgrade your old monitor?
If we want to examine a new video card we can also read our in-depth analysis How to change Video Card.