When we talk about new fixed desktop PCs (also called Tower PC) most of the guides will advise you to build the new computer yourself by buying each piece necessary and proceeding with the assembly. Unfortunately this operation is not within everyone's reach and, even following the very thorough and detailed guides, the risk of making a mistake is really very high: with computers, a single error or a component that we do not know well (and badly assembled) is enough to damage everything in an often irreparable way.
If we do not have the time or the computer experience necessary to build a PC, we will have to turn to pre-assembled PCs: with these computers, simply plug in the power socket, connect the video cable for the monitor and the USB cables for the mouse and keyboard to get started. immediately to work or to use. Since we often find old and slow computers on pre-assembled devices, we will show you in this guide the best desktop PCs ready to use, with an eye to the technical characteristics that these computers must have to be sure not to run into some rip-off.
READ ALSO: Better to take a desktop PC or a laptop?
Best desktop PCs (Tower PC) ready-made
The ready-to-use desktop PCs are supplied in two distinct variants: in fact, we find the pre-assembled PCs prepared by large OEM manufacturers (HP, Acer etc.) and computers assembled by third party vendors, who choose the best components and resell the finished product as a ready-to-use pre-assembled product. Both variants are present on Amazon, the reference platform for this guide, so we will try to show you the best OEM pre-assembled (factory-made) and the best Custom pre-assembled (created by third-party sellers).
Tower PC technical features
As technical characteristics, those already seen for the Assembled PCs, since in the end we always talk about fixed PCs with very similar specifications:
- Processor: we always try to focus on an Intel Core i5 / i7, an AMD Ryzen 3/5 or an AMD Athlon Silver, so as to always obtain the necessary power to start any type of program.
- RAM memory: to be able to support Windows 10 and at least two or three open programs (including the browser with numerous cards and extensions) we advise you to focus only on pre-assembled with at least 8GB of DDR4 RAM.
- Archiving: let's make sure that the preassembled computer has a fast SSD with at least 250 GB of memory, so you can start Windows 10 and the programs at the gun. We avoid the models that have a mechanical disk, now too slow and obsolete (it's okay only if it is present as a secondary disk to store larger files).
- Connections: A modern computer must have a Gigabit Ethernet port on the back of the case so that it can be wired to the modem. Additional and much appreciated features are the module for Wi-Fi and the module for Bluetooth both in the form of internal PCIe cards and as external USB adapters).
- Doors: in order to connect the most common peripherals, make sure there are at least 6 USB ports on the back (of which at least 2 are USB 3.0) and 2 USB ports on the front of the case. Other key ports are HDMI and DVI (for the monitor), along with the audio ports (audio in, headphone out, and AUX out). The other ports (USB 3.1 Type-C, DisplayPort, other audio ports) are not essential but significantly increase the expandability of the computer).
- Video Card: since modern processors integrate a video chip capable of withstanding hardware acceleration very well for the browser and for lighter 3D programs, a video card is not essential on a preassembled, so we can avoid this unnecessary expense (which lowers considerably the final price). If the video card is present, we might as well exploit it by connecting the monitor in our possession to it.
- Accessories: A keyboard and mouse kit is essential to get started, while not all preassembled provide a monitor. Other useful accessories but not always present (we can always buy them separately) are webcams, audio speakers and USB hubs.
- Operating system: since these are ready-to-use PCs we can find both Windows 10 as an installed and pre-activated operating system, that is already with the active license (no trial versions, since Windows 10 costs over € 100) and computers without an operating system (free), on which we can install any system of our liking (including Linux).
If our preassembled respects the characteristics seen above, we can buy it with our eyes closed, sure to always make a good deal. To have greater protection on the purchase we advise you to buy the new computers on Amazon, since the guarantee refunds all money spent.
Best OEM pre-assembled
After taking a quick look at the technical features, let's see together the best OEM pre-assembled models for sale on Amazon. The cheapest model we can bet on is theAcer Aspire XC-886, available on Amazon for less than 450 €.
On this computer we find an Intel Core i5-9400 processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM memory, 256GB of SSD type hard drive, DVD-RW burner, Wi-Fi module, Bluetooth module, 2 HDMI ports, 4 standard USB ports, 3 ports USB 3.2 Gen-1, keyboard and mouse kit and no operating system (we'll have to install it ourselves).
If we are looking for a modern computer integrated into the monitor (All-in-One PC) we can take a look at theHP – PC 22-df0045nl, available on Amazon for less than 500 €.
On this type of computer we will really have everything we need to get started right away: a 22-inch FullHD IPS monitor, AMD Athlon 3050U processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon integrated graphics, keyboard and mouse kit, HD webcam , integrated audio speakers, Micro SD reader and Windows 10 Home operating system.
If, on the other hand, we want to stay on the traditional case and get maximum power we will have to turnHP – PC Pavilion TP01-0050nl, available on Amazon for less than 600 €.
On this nice silver case we find an Intel Core i5-9400 processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel UHD 630 integrated graphics, Micro SD reader, Wi-Fi, HDMI port, USB Type-C connections, RJ- Ethernet port. 45, keyboard, mouse and Windows 10 Home operating system.
Best pre-assembled Custom
If the OEM pre-assembled products do not convince us, we can always focus on ready-to-use PCs created by sellers and IT shops on Amazon. The first model we can consider is the CeO-Tech Zeta V2, available on Amazon for less than 600 €.
On this computer we can find an AMD 3000G 3.50GHz processor, 16GB (2666MHz) DDR4 RAM memory, 240GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1050TI 4GB, Wi-Fi module, custom cooling, LED lights inside the case and Windows operating system 10 Pro.
If we are looking for a custom PC for gaming we can take a look at the PJ gaming pc, available on Amazon for less than 1100 €.
Inside this spectacular case we find a 4.2GHz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, 8GB AMD Rx 5700 video card, 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, 512 GB M.2 SSD, 600W 80 Plus power supply , fans with LED lighting and Windows 10 Pro operating system.
If instead of AMD we wanted a computer with Intel ready to use and designed for gaming, we can take a look at the FIXED PC Gaming AGM, available on Amazon for less than 1100 €.
In this mammoth case we can find an Intel Core i7-9700f processor, Z390 motherboard, 6GB Nvidia RTX2060 video card, 500GB M.2 SSD, 1TB secondary mechanical disk, 16GB of DDR4 RAM memory, 700WATT power supply, AC1200 Dual band WI-FI module and Windows 10 operating system.
Although for many users assembling the PC piece by piece is a unique joy and fun, for others wasting time with PCs, screws and cables is too tiring and therefore they want something ready to use, in which we only have to connect the cables necessary and go. Most of the computers that we have shown you above meet the needs of this last category of users (only one PC requires that Windows be installed manually) and, for the most demanding, you can also find valid pre-assembled gaming PCs.
If we are looking for other computer models that are immediately ready to use, we suggest you read our guides Mini desktop PC, small and comfortable, portable or TV is All types of computers, Desktop PCs and Laptops.
READ ALSO: Custom or pre-built PC: which one to choose