Obviously, in the first chapter of the guide, we will show you which features we have examined in order to choose the devices so that you can understand the data sheets yourself in case of need. There will, of course, be a nice list of high or very high beam smartphones, so that you can immediately buy the smartphone of wishes directly online.
To be considered the most powerful Android smartphones in circulation, the devices must have at least the following technical characteristics:
- High-performance octa-core processor: at the time of writing, the fastest processor we can find on a phone is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, closely followed by Samsung’s Exynos 9820 and Huawei’s Kirin 980. We avoid products that do not have these processors, as they are unlikely to offer the same speed and optimization.
- At least 6 GB of high speed RAM: in addition to the simple capacity of the RAM memory (by now there are many smartphones with 8 GB or more of RAM), we must make sure that the chips are present LPDDR4 or LPDDR4X, ie the fastest RAM chips we can currently find on smartphones (and even faster LPDDR5s are coming!).
- The internal memory of at least 128 GB: high definition photos and videos require a large amount of space, so it’s better to focus immediately on models with 128 GB of memory or more.
- High definition screen: the modern smartphone screens all use a resolution adapted to 18: 9 screens, so with a few more pixels (in fact we talk about FHD +). If possible we look for models with advanced IPS or Super AMOLED, which have better contrast.
- Double or multiple rear cameras: now all smartphones have two or more photographic sensors in the back, to increase the quality of the shots.
- Wi-Fi Dual-Band: for Wi-Fi, it must support both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks, so you can travel faster with compatible modems.
- Bluetooth 5.0: the new version of Bluetooth has better coverage and better sound quality, so it is preferable.
- Advanced LTE or 5G support: now all smartphones support Advanced LTE (also called 4.5G, LTE Plus or similar), able to guarantee a good connection speed when we are away from home. Some smartphones already have support for the new 5G network, but we will have to wait for it to spread to Italy.
- Wireless charging: some of the most powerful smartphones have wireless charging, and allow you to share the charge between phones of the same model (such as the Galaxy S10).
- Ultra-fast refill: thanks to the optimizations of the processor we can also get the fast charge, which is recharge half of the battery in less than half an hour.
- Biometric sensors: in addition to the classic fingerprint reader, we can also find facial recognition systems (for unlocking with the face) as well as advanced biometric systems (footprint below the screen).
- Battery at least 3200 mAh: let’s avoid falling below this value, since only in this way will we be able to obtain good autonomy (a lot also depends on the optimization of the operating system).
- Android operating system updated: let’s make sure that Android 9.0 is present or that an update is scheduled this year (in the case of phones with Android 8.0).
The most powerful Android smartphones
After seeing the main features that a powerful Android smartphone must have, let’s see together which models we can buy online, so as to always save something compared to buying in a store.
Xiaomi Mi 9
The cheapest smartphone (so to speak) in this category is it Xiaomi Mi 9, which has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of expandable internal memory, 6.39 “FHD + Super AMOLED screen, Dual SIM 4G, 3300 mAh battery, facial recognition, fingerprint reader below the screen, dual rear camera and MIUI 10 operating system based on Android 9.0.
If interested we can view the product from here -> Xiaomi Mi 9 (€ 481).
If we love the design of Huawei, we can examine the Huawei P30, which has a Kirin 980 processor, 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of expandable internal memory, a 6.1 “FHD + OLED screen, Dual SIM 4G, a 3650 mAh battery, facial recognition, triple rear camera, wireless charging and EMUI 9.1 operating system based on Android 9.0.
If interested we can view the product from here -> Huawei P30 (€ 553). If instead, we are interested in the Pro version, we can take a look here -> Huawei P30 Pro (€ 729).
Samsung Galaxy S10 +
For you, high-end smartphones are only Samsung? Then we will have to take a look at the Galaxy S10 +, which has an Exynos 9820 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 128 GB of expandable internal memory, 6.4 “QHD + Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED screen, Dual SIM 4G and 5G, 4100 mAh battery , facial recognition, ultrasonic fingerprint reader (under the screen), charging sharing, wireless charging, triple rear camera and Android 9.0 operating system.
If interested we can view the product from here -> Samsung Galaxy S10 + (€ 709). If instead, we want the simple model and the S10e model, we can see both here -> Samsung Galaxy S10 (€ 649) and Samsung Galaxy S10e (€ 499).
OnePlus 7 Pro
The most powerful smartphone on which we can aim is without a doubt the OnePlus 7 Pro, which has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of internal memory, 6.67 “QHD + Super AMOLED screen (90 Hz ), Dual SIM 4G, 4000 mAh battery, face recognition, fingerprint reader under the screen, triple rear camera and Android 9.0 operating system.
If interested in the best smartphone on the market we can view the product from here -> OnePlus 7 Pro (€ 759).
In order to buy a powerful Android smartphone, we don’t even have to spend € 1000 and more like the competition: it takes just under € 500 to get our hands on a fast and modern smartphone, without compromise.
If instead, we wish to save money, we advise you to read our in-depth study on the best Smartphones for 200 Euro. Do we crave a phone with a very large screen? Then we advise you to read our guide to the best smartphones with a big screen (6 inches or above).