The list concerns all the fundamental parts of the PC: processor, motherboard, graphics card, case, RAM, SSD disks, power supply, case, and other essential accessories.
Obviously the components will have to be assembled and assembled at home, so you will need a minimum of experience and manual skills, as well as the right tools. At the end of the guide, we will be able to choose the newest components for our new laptop, which will allow us to get a modern machine and you can, spending in many cases less than a high-end pre-assembled PC.
Choice of components and assembly kit
For this article, we based on online store Amazon Italy, which proves to be the most comfortable and most reliable website, with free shipping costs and great ease of return (in case of problems or malfunctions). For each piece, there are two or more alternatives, when possible.
Obviously the prices can vary compared to what was found at the moment since new components come out every 6 months keeping up with the times can be very expensive: our goal is to create a desktop PC capable of supporting any type of workload for the next 3-4 years.
If we want to deepen the discussion on the individual components, we recommend you read our guide on How to choose the parts of the new computer to be assembled.
Before buying the components it is better to equip ourselves with all the useful tools during assembly, so as to facilitate the task later; below we have collected a series of tools to buy together with the PC components:
- TOPELEK GEDS009AY – Repair Screwdriver Kit 58 in 1 (€ 13)
- Cable Ties – Cable Tie – 100pcs (€ 5)
- Linkax High Power LED Flashlight Electric Torch LED Flashlight (7 €)
- Inateck 4 x cable package, SATA III cable (€ 8)
- ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Conducting Paste CPU (10 €)
- APC PM5-IT Surge Arrest Essential Filtered Socket (€ 18)
- Inateck 2 x 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch SSD frame mounting kit (€ 8)
The components for a perfect PC on Amazon
Below we will find the best components for quality/price ratio that we can buy directly from Amazon.
The processors can be produced by Intel or AMD: both manufacturers are reliable, but usually, Intel processors tend to be preferred when we need more power, while AMDs tend to be slightly cheaper and well balanced (as well as powerful, especially in the Ryzer versions).
The best Intel processors we can buy are:
- Intel Core i5-9400F (€ 163)
- Intel Core i5-9600K (€ 254)
- Intel Core i7-9700K (€ 367)
If we wanted a last generation AMD Ryzer processor, we can choose one of the following:
- AMD Ryzen 3 (€ 92)
- AMD Ryzen 5 (€ 143)
- AMD Ryzen 7 (€ 296)
To learn more about the differences between the two CPU manufacturers, we recommend reading our guide to differences between Intel and AMD processors and Intel Core i7 and i5 CPUs.
The motherboard is a very important component in the computer since it distributes energy and provides a connection to all the other components, functioning as a sort of “orchestra conductor” in the PC. Obviously there are motherboards for Intel and motherboards for AMD: we choose the right card based on the processor, otherwise, we risk incompatibility (a motherboard for Intel processors is not compatible with AMD processors and vice versa).
The best motherboards for Intel processors reported earlier are:
- Asus ROG STRIX H370-I (€ 139)
- MSI H370 GAMING PRO CARBON (€ 149)
- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI (€ 202)
If, on the other hand, we look for AMD processor motherboards reported a little while ago, below we find the best ones on offer:
- Asus PRIME B450-PLUS (99 €)
- Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra (€ 144)
- Asus PRIME X470-PRO (€ 173)
We don’t know how a motherboard works? We can deepen the subject by reading our in-depth study on How the motherboard works.
The power supply is a very important component in the computer since it supplies electricity to all the components. Choosing a less powerful and efficient one can cause sudden shutdowns, especially when we perform the heaviest operations (games, video editing, etc.).
The best power supplies we can install on our PC are:
- Corsair VS550 550W Power Supply (€ 47)
- Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 700 W (€ 61)
- Corsair TX650M PC Power Supply, Semi-Modular (€ 89)
To learn more, we recommend reading our guide on Which power supply to choose for the PC and how many Watts are required.
The RAM allows you to save the information temporarily, as long as electricity is present. When we start the PC the operating system and the programs are loaded into it, so that they can be used at the time.
Currently, the widespread type of RAM is DDR4, so we will have to install memory banks of this type in order to create a modern PC. The best RAM modules we can buy are:
- HyperX FURY DDR4 8 GB (Kit 2×4 GB, € 53)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 X 8 GB), DDR4 (€ 71)
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 16GB DDR4 (€ 107)
To get a closer look at all the secrets of RAM, we recommend reading our article on Types of computer RAM: DDR, shape, and speed.
As an internal storage unit, we will use an SSD, which has effectively supplanted old mechanical hard disks (now too slow for everyday use). The best SSD with SATA cable are available below:
- SanDisk 500GB Ultra 3D SSD (€ 71)
- Samsung Internal SSD Unit 860 EVO, 500 GB (€ 73)
- Samsung Internal SSD 860 QVO, 1 TB (€ 109)
If instead, we wanted to exploit the new ones SSD M.2, which can be connected through a special PC slot, below we can view the best products:
- WD Blue 3D SSD M.2, 250 GB (€ 49)
- Samsung SSD Unit 970 EVO PLUS M.2, 500 GB (€ 111)
- Crucial MX500 SSD Internal M.2, 1 TB (122 €)
If we do not know which SSD to choose between the two available formats, we can clear our ideas by reading our guide on Which type of SSD is better: SATA or PCIe?
The case is always a matter of personal taste: there are those who prefer it classic, some thinner and those who prefer it “sborone”. On Amazon there are thousands of homes available, the most beautiful ones we have included in the list below:
- Case NOOXES X10 (€ 33)
- Thermaltake Versa H21 (€ 35)
- Noua Noob X7 White (€ 39)
- Empire Gaming – Gaming WarFare PC Case (€ 52)
Other houses can be viewed here -> PC houses on Amazon.
Obviously the dedicated graphics card could not be missing, very useful for games and programs that require advanced 3D acceleration. The best video cards we can currently buy are:
- ASUS DUAL-RX580-O8G Radeon RX 580 8 GB (€ 259)
- MSI Nvidia GTX 1660Ti Gaming X 6GB (€ 320)
- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC Pro 6GB (€ 378)
- MSI V372 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB (€ 835)
If we want to deepen this thorny topic (were to understand the difference between one card and another could become a company not just), we suggest you read our guide Best PC video cards.
Other accessories and peripherals
To complete our powerful fixed PC, the following components must not be missing:
- HP 22W Monitor for PC Desktop 22 “Full HD (1920 x 1080) (€ 84)
- Logitech C270 HD Webcam (€ 22)
- Logitech Desktop Keyboard MK120 and mouse (€ 17)
- 1200Mbps Dual Band WiFi USB Antenna Adapter (€ 17)
- UGREEN USB 3.0 SD CF Card Reader TF CF, Card Reader (€ 13)
In this guide we have included everything needed to create a large PC to assemble, able to perform all the tasks that require a great deal of computing power (currently one of the few purposes for which it is still better to keep a PC at home, since the rest can be replaced by notebooks, tablets, and smartphones).
If we do not know how to physically assemble the various pieces, we can learn the rudiments of assembly in our guide on How to assemble a PC and mount the computer parts.
If instead, we are looking for a fixed PC to be assembled with different types of budgets, we recommend that you read our guides on How to make a good 300 Euro desktop PC, how to assemble a Medium-level 600 Euro PC and finally Which is the most powerful PC with the absolute best hardware.